This evening we really would like a risotto but not a simple one, something vaguely French flavoured (perhaps it could be for the Brie?) and try the different flavours and textures maybe tasting a glass of good wine (French). An why not, we could also satisfy the eye….what a marvellous evening!
INGREDIENTS (4 servings)
– 400 grams of vialone nano rice
– 1 bunch of asparagus
– 50 grams of fava beans
– 600/700 grams of whole shrimps
– 80/100 grams of Brie
– 2 red beets (those that are already packed precooked)
– 1 shallot
– fish broth (which we will obtain from the heads and shells of shrimps)
– Half cup of white wine
– 1 carrot and 1 leek (for broth)
– salt and pepper
– EVO oil
For the Fish and Vegetables broth
– Shell the shrimps and set them aside (we’ll put them in risotto at the last moment). Keep 4 to decorate the dish
– Put the heads and shells in a pot with a little oil, carrot and leek and roast them crushing the heads to dump the “essence”
– Deglaze with white wine and evaporate the alcohol.
– Add water to cover everything, add salt and let go sweet heat for half an hour. Merge only at this point the whole 4 shrimps in the saucepan with broth to cook them briefly.
– Filter the broth with a strainer and keep it warm
– Keep the whole shrimps aside
For the Soft Beet
– Cut the beets into slices and put them in a saucepan with a little oil and a spoon of water, salt and pepper and cook them 10 minutes
– After this time go to the mixer to obtain a smooth and homogeneous cream by combining a bit of oil or water if necessary
– Mince the shallot thinly and put it to brow in a pan with a little oil
– Add the fava beans (shelled) and asparagus slices (previously cleaned and cut by removing the final part of the stem) without the tips that we’ll add to risotto only the last 5 minutes. Add the salt and leave everything to season for a few minutes
– Add the rice and toast it well
– At this point we can begin the normal risotto cooking, adding a ladle of broth at a time when the previous one will be absorbed, and making sure to stir constantly
– The last 5 minutes add asparagus tips
– Only when the risotto is almost ready add the shrimps, add salt if necessary, remove from heat and stir with slices of Brie mixing very well.
Serve the risotto on bottom of soft beet and garnish with a whole shrimp and some asparagus bit on top. Add a little EVO oil.