INGREDIENTS (for 12 single-portion cakes)
- 6 eggs
- 300 gr. dark chocolate
- 80 g butter
- 90 g flour 00
- 220 g sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- Vanilla ice cream flavor
- Whip the egg yolks with sugar until you get a frothy sabayon
- Whip egg whites until stiff with a pinch of salt
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate with the butter à bain-marie in a double boiler (if there still seems too thick add a little milk – I try to put few butter in cakes)
- Add the melted chocolate to the yolks
- Add to this point the sifted flour
- At the end add the egg whites little by little, stirring from bottom to top (to keep as much air as possible)
- Butter the molds of aluminum and put some flour (shaking excess flour) and pour the mixture onto each mold up to 1 cm or less from the edge (it will tend to swell during cooking)
- Put in freezer
Bake in the oven pre-heated to 200 ° for 14/15 minutes (depending on oven),.
From the 12th minute, keep an eye on it, they will be ready when the surface will start to crack a bit.
Add the powdered sugar on top and serve with knell of a good vanilla ice cream.
- This cake is with a soft center, which will thrown out from inside a nice runny chocolate sauce.
To have this effect the mini cakes must be frozen in advance, so once you bake them the inside will remain more liquid. Otherwise we will not have this effect. And consider that in this way you will always have a ready-to-go dessert!